Cloud Storage :
Cloud storage is also known as utility storage a term subject to differentiation based on actual implementation and service delivery.
How it works:
Cloud storage systems involve vast numbers of data servers to ensure their availability. That way, if one server requires maintenance or fails, the user can rest assured that the data has been replicated elsewhere to ensure availability. For example, the Amazon AWS Cloud spans 55 availability zones in 18 geographic regions at the present time.
While the data in a public cloud is replicated in different physical locations for fault tolerance and disaster recovery purposes, the primary or local location tends to be nearer physically to the company’s facility using it so the data can be processed faster and at lower costs then, say choosing a primary location halfway around the globe.
Cloud storage management trends continue to unfold with more companies extending out to the cloud. Public clouds are managed by public cloud service providers. Their infrastructure and services include:
- Data center operations
Cloud data storage resources can be
Provisioned in the following ways:
By end users using a web interface that are paying for capacity on a per-transaction basis.
By users who specify pre-determined capacity which is prepared in advance of the service. The customer then pays for the service monthly or pays a flat fee.
By the service provider which allocates resources dynamically as needed. Payment is on a pay-per-use basis.
As noted above, pricing can vary, and it can depend on a number of factors including the service provider, capacity required, length of time required, etc.
Free Cloud storages :
- Sign up at Yunpan.360.cn to get 360GB of free storage. (can be extended up to 36TB by downloading the PC and Android/iOS clients)
- Sign up at Ozibox.com to get 100GB of free storage.
- Sign up at SurDoc.com to get 100GB of free storage.
- Sign up at Shared.com to get 100GB of free storage.
- Sign up at Adrive.com to get 50GB of free storage
- Sign up at Mega.co.nz to get 50GB of free storage.
- Sign up at Hubic.com to get 25GB of free storage.
- Sign up at Firedrive.com to get 20GB of free storage.
- Sign up at Onedrive.live.com to get 15GB of free storage.
- Sign up at Copy.com to get 15GB of free storage.
- Sign up at Mediafire.com to get 10GB of free storage. (40GB more available with other activities)
- Sign up at Pcloud.com to get 10GB of free storage (10GB more available with other activities)
- Sign up at Box.com to get 10GB of free storage.